Saturday signaled the official first day of fall! Here in New Jersey we’re all ready for one of the best fall traditions of picking apples with our friends and family. The local apple orchards are geared up for some autumnal fun. Choose from hayrides or quaint farm cafes with delicious offerings and ingredients. There are almost as many different ways to pick apples as there are to eat them.
Take a look at our guide to plan the perfect outing to pick your own delicious apples this season.
After planning your excursion, check out our roundup of some fun recipes to make with your harvest!
172 S. Delsea Dr.
Cape May Court House, NJ
213 Stevens St.
West Cape May, NJ
26 Tarklin Rd.
1957 Tuckahoe Rd.
Now that you have some delicious apples in your basket, what are you going to do with them? These are a few of our favorite ways to cook up those yummy apples you bring home from the orchard. Let us know your favorite ways to eat the fruits of your labors from the orchard. We’re always looking for tasty new recipes!
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter– This super simple recipe will be the perfect addition to peanut butter sandwiches, morning toast, or even a bowl of yogurt! The best part? It comes together in your slow cooker and promises to fill your house with the perfect blend of fall aromas!
- Autumn Sausage, Veggie, and Apple Sheet Pan Dinner– Throw a quick, yet stunningly colorful, dinner into the oven tonight. This sheet pan meal combines sausage with autumnal veggies and sweet roasted apples. This will soon become a favorite that wows any crowd.
- The Best Apple Pie– Everyone’s first choice with freshly picked apples is a sweet and satisfying apple pie! Make your post orchard pie extra special this year by following the step-by-step tutorial from this pastry chef.
- Caramel Apple Muffins– Your apple baking can make its way onto the breakfast table with these autumn appropriate muffins. Chock full of tasty apples, gooey caramel bits, and crunchy pecans, your entire crew will appreciate this unique take on morning muffins.
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin– Apples and pork are an age-old combination that chefs have loved for years. This take on the classic “pork chops and applesauce” is guaranteed to be a hit. Stuffing the pork with a sweet and savory apple stuffing and wrapping everything with bacon will surely be a crowd pleaser!
For more info on properties available near you, text “ShoreHouse” to 59559″
• Text STOP to opt-out
• Msg & data rates may apply
• Terms & Conditions URL link (http://app.kwkly.com/MobileTerms.aspx) In compliance with CTIA Rules and Regulations.
Photo by Tom Swinnen on Pexels