Cape May has plenty to offer everyone in the family. We can’t forget about ensuring a great time for the littlest Cape May residents. We put together a list of our favorite local activities that are great go-to destinations whenever you’re looking for something fun to do with the kids. Try a couple of these great activities the next time you hear the dreaded “I’m bored!” this summer.
- Go to the Beach- It’s a no-brainer to check out the beaches in Cape May. The beautiful water can be accessed from 24 different points around town. There’s so much to love and hours of fun to be had at any of the area beaches.
- Take a Trolley Ride– Kids love trying out new and exciting modes of transport. Go for a ride on the trolley to take in the Victorian beauty of Cape May and enjoy a fantastic outing.
- Visit the Cape May County Zoo– Did you know that this local zoo and park are free and open to the public year-round? Visit over 550 animals at this incredible attraction.
- Check out the Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum– If you have an airplane lover in your house, this museum is a can’t miss destination. See planes up close, learn about military history, and get a hands-on experience with various educational activities.
- Explore the Nature Center of Cape May– If you’ve been curious about Cape May’s wildlife, this is the place to go. Take your little naturalists to explore and observe the unique wildlife that can be found in Cape May.
- Take in the Views from a Lighthouse– Located in Cape May Point State Park, this historic lighthouse offers unparalleled views of the water and a chance to see a fully operational lighthouse. Over 2.1 million people have made the trek to the top of this local lighthouse; follow in their footsteps for an unforgettable outing.
- Go for a Bike Ride– Your bike riders will love a chance to rent a bike to see the sights around Cape May. No matter where you are in town, there are great rental options and even some that will deliver to your location.
- Step Back in Time– Historic Cold Spring Village is a living history museum where you can speak with interpreters, watch reenactments, and envision yourself in the 1800s in New Jersey.
- Make Ocean Friends– Aspiring oceanographers will love getting to go dolphin watching! Go out on one of the Thundercat Dolphin Watch boats and see just what all the fuss is about.
- Learn About Cape May’s Firemen– If you’ve spent hours playing firefighter with your kids, they’ll love this museum. Dig deep into Cape May’s history and take a look at the antique fire truck!
- Shop till You Drop– Located in the Victorian historic district, the Washington Street Mall mall has it all! Check out great shopping, restaurants, and more. Take the kids for a stroll around this awesome mall to burn off some energy while you feed your need to do a little shopping!
- Talk with an Alpaca– Visit this working alpaca farm on one of their “open farm days” to meet these beautiful animals and see what a real life farm looks like.
For more info on properties available near you, text “ShoreHouse” to 59559″ • Text STOP to opt-out • Msg & data rates may apply • Terms & Conditions URL link (http://app.kwkly.com/MobileTerms.aspx) In compliance with CTIA Rules and Regulations