If you’re thinking about selling your home, you’ve probably been inundated with information and overwhelmed with details. It’s easy to get confused by all of the advice the internet has to offer. We’ve boiled down the most pertinent information to make a simple list of the most important advice you’ll need to sell your home successfully.
- Hire a great team- All of our advice in this list will be helpful, but an agent is the key ingredient to each point. If you’re thinking of selling, an agent can give you honest and valuable feedback and guidance. With an intimate knowledge of the Jersey Shore housing market and the complex workings of real estate, we’ve got the information you’ll need to sell your home to the right buyer in a timely manner.
- Make your online debut- If you’ve looked at homes recently then you’ve probably checked websites. If you use an agent like ours here at the Ferzoco Group, we’ll ensure your online presence is exceptional. We use professional photographers to ensure the all-important visual aspects of your online profile stand out. Experienced agents will also make sure your online listing reads great as well. Optimizing points like your amazing neighborhood, school zone, or proximity to great amenities will set your listing apart in the digital world.
- Increase your curb appeal- Two of the top ways a buyer will find your home are a) through the internet or b) by spotting your home as they drive by. In both instances, either a photo of the exterior or an in-person good looking exterior are paramount! Make sure your curb appeal is eye catching and gorgeous. Spend some time sprucing up landscaping, clean your exterior, and replace anything that looks tired. Physical and digital curb appeal are your home’s introduction to potential buyers. Make sure it makes a great first impression.
- Stage and simplify- Clear away cluttered areas and remove personal effects from your home. This may go against traditional decorating rules, but by doing some general staging and simplifying, your home will appeal to buyers even more. Don’t worry that spaces look too bare. Buyers will never have a negative reaction to things that are missing in a space, but buyers will respond negatively to spaces with too many things. Start packing your items in anticipation of your move and simplify your space.
- Clean it up- If you haven’t done that spring cleaning yet, now’s the time! Get busy deep cleaning all the areas you usually miss around the house. Dust and dirt signal neglect to shoppers. An unclean home can give an impression of carelessness, and no buyer wants a home they assume hasn’t been properly cared for. If your home isn’t sparkling right now, make sure to perform good deep clean before you list!
- Timing is everything- Along with blooming flowers and green trees, buyers tend to make their appearance in the spring. Now’s the hottest season to sell your home. Between the weather making homes look their best, spring’s financial implications for buyers, and a general excitement for newness, spring is the best time of year for sellers. If you’ve been on the fence about selling your home, call us today and we’d love to tell you more about this exciting time of year for the local market.
With our help and these great tips, you can expect your home will sell fast and for the right price. Selling your home is simple, with expert help and a few simple to-do list items.