Candy isn’t the only thing you should eat on Halloween! The meals between the candy snacks should really be just as much fun! From the classic mummy dogs to a hearty and satisfying pumpkin turkey chili, these ideas are awesome seasonal options for feeding yourself and your family in the lead up to Halloween!
- Cinnamon Roll Pumpkins– The secret to these is a can of cinnamon rolls from the grocery store! With the help of a little food coloring, your breakfast cinnamon rolls can be just as adorable as they are delicious.
- Bloodshot Devilled Egg Eyes– These eyes are spooky but delicious. Served up on a platter with veins made of spicy sriracha, these are a perfect appetizer!
- Mummy Dogs– You can’t go wrong with a mummy in a blanket. This recipe even includes some googly eyes and shows a great idea for displaying them.
- Stuffed Pepper Jack-O-Lanterns- Orange bell peppers look suspiciously like your porch décor when carved just right. This is an adorable dinner idea that any age would appreciate!
- Corn Pudding– This is a delicious fall side that will carry you through until Thanksgiving.
- Pumpkin Turkey Chili– Don’t worry, this won’t taste like someone spilled pumpkin pie in your chili. This is a delicious and super healthy meal to serve before heading out into the cold to trick-or-treat!
- Spooky Spider Dip– Use this adorable idea to upgrade any boring veggie dip tray you might take to a Halloween event! Or just give the kids a laugh with their afternoon snack!
- Turkey Chili Stuffed Acorn Squash– This is a stunning presentation and unique take on two fall staples. This is easy enough for a weeknight dinner but beautiful enough for a dinner party.
- Loaded Potato Soup– After a night spent passing out candy, you’re going to want to warm up! A big bowl of potato soup with crispy bacon and cheddar cheese might do the trick.
- Edible Witches Brooms and Apple Dentures– This tutorial gives some great step-by-step ideas for lunchbox treats that any kid can appreciate!
- Boo-nana Ghosts– Bananas make a great canvas for a super cute snack idea!
- Vegetarian Black Bean Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes– Try this for a meatless Monday meal! Fill sweet and creamy sweet potatoes with this savory chili for a unique flavor contrast!
- Frankenstein Smoothie Bowl– Take a break from sugar by serving up this green smoothie! The funny Frankenstein face is worth giving this a try, but the delicious smoothie keeps them coming back for more!
What are your favorite fall and Halloween dishes? We’d love to hear!
Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash