It is once again that spooky time of year that both kids and adults look forward to. If you will be out trick-or-treating with your family and friends this Halloween, or welcoming spooky visitors to your Jersey Shore home, here are a few tips to keep in mind so that everyone stays safe.
If you will be out and about trick-or- treating with friends and family, here are a few safety tips to follow.
- Visit neighborhoods that you are familiar with.
- Stay away from any dark or isolated places.
- Stay on main streets that are well-lit, and avoid taking short cuts.
- Carry a cell phone and a flashlight with you.
- If you will be driving that night, drive slowly through neighborhoods as there will be many young kids out and they may dart into the street in their excitement to get to the next house.
If you will be welcoming visitors to your Jersey Shore home this Halloween, follow these safety tips.
- Prior to Halloween, clean a clear path from your driveway to your front door so that no one trips or falls.
- Turn on your porch light and the lights in your home to help create not only a welcoming environment, but a safe one.
- Do not use luminaries or candles as they can easily be knocked over causing a fire. Instead choose LED lights.
- Pets can easily become frightened and accidently bite a visitor or run out of your home. Keep them safe by keeping them in a confined room in your home.
Have a safe and spooktacular Halloween! If you are looking to buy a new home or sell your existing home, we’d love to hear how we can help you reach your real estate goals. Our job is to make your tomorrow better than today. Contact us today via email or give us a call at 609-264-6762.