If you will be selling your home along the Shore in 2018 now is the time to start preparing for the new year will be here before we know it. There are things you can do now to help prepare your home to be ready to sell.
If your goal is for your home to sell in a timely fashion and for the highest price possible then you’re not alone. There are plenty of serious buyers in the market now, but historically spring has been a busy time for new homes to hit the market. If you are wanting to list your home in the spring of 2018 you want to have it on the market in early spring. Many times there is less competition at the beginning of spring and homes tend to sell quickly and closer to their list price than later in the season.
Spring may seem far off and you may be thinking you will have plenty of time to get your home ready to sell, but in years past we have seen the spring housing market start in February following the Super Bowl.
Don’t underestimate the amount of work and time it takes to prepare a home to list for sale. Be ready to list your home as soon as the spring market hits by doing these 5 things to get your home ready.
- A large majority of homebuyers begin their home search online, and you want your home to make a good first impression. Now is a good time to take pictures of the exterior of your home while the leaves are still on the trees, versus in January or February when nature at times appears dreary. Before taking those pictures make sure all your Halloween and fall decorations are removed.
- Begin interviewing local real estate agents and choose one experienced in your area who you feel will be a good fit.
- Consider having a home inspection done now on your home so you know exactly what will need to be fixed and you can start tackling those things. This is the same inspection a buyer will have done after an accepted offer. Don’t be shocked if the inspector comes up with a long list of needed repairs. It is better to find these things out now than later and risk losing a sale.
- Have your real estate agent walk through your home with a critical eye and offer suggestions on things you can do to help your home show well and appeal to buyers. Many times something small can make a big difference. A fresh coat of paint, updating some fixtures, and rearranging some furniture can give your home a whole new look.
- Declutter now! It is safe to say that there are things in your home that you no longer use that could be packed away or even donated. Now is the time to start getting rid of the clutter. Tackle each room in your home going through and getting rid of items you no longer need.
Preparing your home to look its best when it hits the market can be a big undertaking. Get an early start and the process will seem less daunting. If you are still unsure where to start, let us know, we are here to help through all stages of the home buying and selling process.
The Ferzoco Group are experts in real estate from Ocean City to Cape May. Real estate is one of the biggest investments of your life and The Ferzoco Group knows what it takes for you to take that leap of faith in real estate. We provide you with the tools, professional service, and resources it will take for you to live the dream. Contact us here, or give us a call directly at (609) 399-5454. We are here to help you with all your real estate needs.