We’re going over seven DIY projects to help you sell your home for more.
Are you looking to renovate your home in 2022? It’s an exciting process, but how do you know you’re getting the best bang for your buck? Today we want to talk about seven do-it-yourself projects to improve your home’s value:
1. Improve your entryway or foyer. Whatever type of home you have, make sure your entrance wows any potential buyer. First impressions are huge in real estate, and a good one can go a long way toward a great deal.
2. Spruce up your curb appeal. On a similar note to No. 1, how your home looks from the street can make a huge difference. One study finds that good landscaping improves a home’s value by 5% or 12%.
3. Create more storage. Buyers feel a sense of calm when they find out your home has plenty of storage. No one wants to live in a cluttered house; if your property has room for all their stuff, buyers will be more likely to make an offer.
“Little changes can go a long way.”
4. Give your home a fresh coat of paint. You don’t have to go overboard. Even if you just go over with a new layer of what’s already there, your home will look newer.
5. Reconsider the kitchen. About 50% of all buyers say that an outdated kitchen is their biggest turn-off. See if you can do some minor changes to make yours shine.
6. Update the bathrooms. Keep it simple and replace the lighting, fixtures, and mirrors. You can keep the upgrades DIY and still impress buyers.
7. Put down new flooring. Buyers love new floors, so consider making an upgrade.
If you want more information on this topic, visit our website, send us an email, or give us a call. We’d love to hear from you!