Moving to a new place can be hectic for all involved, which includes the kids. Your children may feel powerless as they tend to not have any input in the decision to move. Here are five tips to make moving to a new home along the Jersey Shore easier for your children.
- Share The Experience– Allow your children to be as involved as possible. Give them plenty of time to explore the new space, and see where their new room will be. Get their advice as to what color they would like to paint their room and allow them to be involved in as many aspects of the move as possible.
- Favorite Items- During packing keep your child’s favorite items in a place that will be easily accessible. The last thing you want is a favorite item your child needs to sleep tucked away in a box that cannot be found.
- Read Books- Visit your library to check out a book designed just for kids about moving. The Berenstain Bear’s Moving Day is a popular one.
- Tour Schools- If your kids will be changing schools take a tour of the new school before the big move to decrease some of their anxiety. In addition, have your kids current school records transferred to their new school.
- Say Goodbye- Throw a goodbye party where your children will have the opportunity to say goodbye to friends they have made in their home. It will be a busy time for you so keep it simple.
Moving to a new home along the Jersey Shore is an exciting time, but don’t forget about the stress it may have on your children. The Ferzoco Group is here to make sure your home buying experience is a positive one.
If you are looking to buy a home we’d love to hear how we can help you reach your real estate goals. The Ferzoco Group are experts in real estate from Ocean City to Cape May.
Our job is to make your tomorrow better than today. Contact us today via email or give us a call at 609-264-6762.