According to this roundup of 2021’s best trends, a “Distant Shore” aesthetic is going to be trending throughout design this year. That means taking a step away from a general nautical or pastel beach theme and moving toward a more exotic island inspiration.
We love the idea of incorporating the rich look of Hawiian inspired pieces with deep jewel tones and luxuriously exotic patterns. This new beach look is perfect for your Jersey Shore property. Take your inspiration from far-away lands while luxuriating in your Shore home with the help of these 10 pieces.
(Please note, the links in this post are affiliate links. Our marketing partner may receive compensation if you purchase any of these items from a link used in this post.)
Take a look at our favorite home decor finds to incorporate this trend!
- Palm Leaf Wallpaper: While palm leaves have been a trend for a while, why not take the plunge in your newly decorated space. Add an accent wall of this chic wallpaper or cover the walls of a powder room for an unexpected touch.
- Vintage Hawaii Postcards: These postcards are like taking a step back in time to the days when Hawaii captured America’s fascination. Frame these in a series for a chic statement wall.
- Golden Pineapple Lamp: Pineapples have long been a sign of wealth and hospitality. This golden lamp will make a great accent piece to bring some island glamour to your space.
- Teal Velvet Blackout Curtains: Sumptuous jewel tones and tactile fabric choices are one way to make this trend feel more exotic and far-away. Bring in darker tones with these velvet curtains.
- Tahitian Vanilla Candle: Make your home smell like a remote destination by adding in some Tahitian vanilla candles. This warm scent will relax you with a familiar scent that has an exotic edge, perfect for creating your vacation paradise.
- Mosquito Netting: Pretend you’re in a beach hut in Bali by adding a chic net hung over your bed. The ethereal drape of a sheer canopy may not be necessary for keeping out the critters, but it is a sure sign you’re in a remote seaside locale.
- Gilded Pineapple Hand Towels: Add a navy and gold accent to a bathroom with these hand towels. Not only do they incorporate the stunning jewel tones, but they also bring in some rich gold and the always island-appropriate pineapples!
- Set of 8 Jewel Toned Plastic Tumblers: Bring in all the colors of a far away destination by adding some of these tumblers to your beach home. Sip a tiki inspired cocktail and find yourself transported.
- Serving Tray with Gold Handles: Designers have long used a chic tray as an easy way to upgrade a space. Place this tray on a coffee table to hold books and a candle. Or use it on a dresser to hold photo frames and beautiful perfume bottles. This tray gives a chic and exotic vibe while adding a designer look to your space.
- Faux Monstera Plant: Huge green leaves are the hallmark of this trendy plant. Add in a low-maintenance version of a monstera with this fabulous (and very real looking) faux option.